The UK is due to leave the European Union on the 31st October 2019, with “No Deal Brexit” looking considerably more likely. This is an update of what C4 Logistics have been doing to minimise the impact on our customers.
How have we prepared?
- We have certified as an automated economic operator (AEO), allowing simplified customs declarations.
- Senior staff members have been trained in customs competency to aid and advise our customers.
- We have implemented a state-of-the-art customs clearance platform, “Sequoia”, to create and manage customs declarations and documents.
- We have expanded our network of customs agents across Europe and world-wide.
How can you prepare?
- Apply for your UK EORI number
- Calculate the value of your goods to determine how much duty will be paid
- Obtain a commodity code for your goods and a CPC code.
- Check the contractual Incoterms on your shipments to determine who will pay the import/export duty.
- Decide how you will pay duty and VAT. You can visit www.gov.uk to view the options available.
- Determine if you qualify for Government schemes such as Transitional Simplified Procedure (TSP) or Customs Simplified Freight Procedure (CFSP)
Please contact us if you need any further information or support. Contact details can be found on our website at www.c4logistics.com.Tweet